'BUBBLE BUSTER SHORT BREAK TOUR - ONE DAY, every friday for minimum of 2 passengers.
Features Woodlands Homestead and Gardens, Tea tasting and High Tea at Zealong Tea Estate tour, 1.5 hours at Hamilton Gardens. Commences every friday for minimum of 2 passengers. Other days for minimum of 4 subject to availability of driver and vehicle.
Unsolicited comment from past passengers:
Mahalo. Thank you Steve!! We really enjoyed our tour. (KK Hawaii)
- Pickup from most inner city accommodation and Auckland airport hotels prior to departure time
- Travel with your experienced tour driver/guide (Usually by people mover or mini bus) to and from Woodlands Historic Homestead, Zealong Tea Estate, Hamilton Gardens, Lake Karapiro, and Hobbiton over the Bombay Hills and through rich Waikato dairy farmland. Pass the Rangiriri 1863 battle site and see New Zealand's longest river, the Waikato, 425 km long.
- First visit is to WOODLANDS HISTORIC HOMESTEAD (built 1872) for a short tour of the hoime and visit to the beautiful gardens
- Continue to ZEALONG TEA ESTATE New Zealand's only tea plantation. 48 hectares of top grade organically grown Oolong Artisan Tea in 5 grades, Green, Pure, Aromatic, Dark, and Black. Enjoy tea tasting and High Tea with tea infusd savoury and sweet delicacies, with the opportunity to purchase tea if you want. See the personal touches of the developer of the tea estate - with the bronze sculptures and teapots showing the traditional tea making process.
- One and a half hours to explore the award winning HAMILTON GARDENS, voted garden of the year 2014, by the International Garden Tourism Network, with over 1 million visitors a year. Hamilton Gardens has been transformed from a rubbish dump into 21 fascinating themed gardens including Te Parapara Maori Garden, Kitchen Garden, Herb Garden, Tudor Garden, Rose Garden, Rhododendron lawn, Camellia Garden, Victorian Flower Garden, Sung Dynasty Chinese scholars Garden, Italian Renaissance, Indian Char Bargh, Japanese Garden of Contemplation, Modernist, and English Flower Garden. When you have explored the gardens relax in the cafe on the banks of the lake for a wide variety of quality food - extra expense.
- Brief visit to LAKE KARAPIRO and the Karapiro Hydro dam on the Waikato River.
- Two hour guided tour of the HOBBITON MOVIE SET, centre of Middle Earth. Learn from your local guide how the set was created and see the Hobbit Holes, Gardens, Bag End (Bilbo and Frodo Baggins home), Party Tree, lake, The Mill, Green Dragon Inn, and much more. (Note: exterior of Hobbit Holes only).
- One cold drink at the GREEN DRAGON INN. Your choice of dark or light beer, apple cider, or non alcoholic Ginger Ale.