Kiwi Birds, Waitomo Caves, Farm Barbecue lunch, Hobbiton
Unsolicited comment from past passengers:
Hi Steve, just wanted to say thanks so much for making our trip yesterday so special. We really enjoyed it, not just for the sites but for your captivating background on what we were seeing. You made a 13 hour day go by so smoothly and quickly it didn't feel like that long a journey. At every step of the way you had some fascinating insight that helped us feel more informed and engaged in what we experienced - we could never have had such a full experience on our own. (A and J. USA).
- Pickup from any CBD accommodation prior to 7.45am plus Newmarket, Greenlane, and Manukau Mall. Pickup from airport terminals and hotels available.
- Travel to and from Waitomo Caves, Otorohanga Kiwi House, and Hobbiton. See the Waikato River, Ngaruawahia - home of the Maori King, rich Waikato and Hauraki Plains dairy farmland, and the Kaimai Mountains.
- Visit Otorohanga Kiwi House to see our unique endangered native birds at feeding time, the ancient Tuatara Reptile, and walk through the largest dome aviary in New Zealand to see our native Kereru (Wood Pigeon), Kakariki (Parrot), and other native bird
- Guided tour of the main Waitomo Limestone Cave to see the Stalactites, and Stalagmites, and to cruise through the glowworm grotto. (45 minute tour)
Small group experience (maximum 11 participants) in Footwhistle Cave among the limestone formations and get up close and personal with the myriad of glowworms as well as see ancient Moa bones from our extinct native bird and sample in the bush tea house unique tea from the Kawakawa tree used by Maori for healing purposes. (75 minute tour)
(No change in cost for either of the above tours but you must give your preference when booking)
- Barbecue buffet lunch at Roselands Farm restaurant - beef, chicken, fish, kumara chips and salad included. (Vegetarian options. All meat is Halal). You also have time to stroll through the beautiful gardens
- Visit Lake Karapiro, home of New Zealand rowing, and the Karapiro hydro dam on New Zealand's longest river - the 425 km long Waikato.
- Two hour guided tour of the Hobbiton Movie Set with specialist Hobbiton guide.
- One cold drink at the Green Dragon Inn