'BUBBLE BUSTER TOUR'. Travel by Alphard people mover for 2-4 passengers or Mercedes Sprinter de luxe 12 seat mini bus with maximum of 7 passengers.
Please note - Zealong will take a maximum of 8 passengers on their tour and we do not have an allocation. Book early direct with us by phone, email, or text. Our on line booking system has been blocked until 30 June.
Hobbiton Silver Tour with Zealong Tea estate tour and tea tasting, and award winning Hamilton Gardens. Commences every friday from 05 June for minimum of 2 passengers. Frequency will be increased later in the year.
Unsolicited comment from past passengers:
Mahalo. Thank you Steve!! We really enjoyed our tour. (KK Hawaii)
- Pickup from most inner city accommodation and Auckland airport hotels prior to departure time
- Travel with your experienced tour driver/guide (Usually by people mover or mini bus) to and from Zealong Tea Estate, Hamilton Gardens and Hobbiton over the Bombay Hills and through rich Waikato dairy farmland. Pass the Rangiriri 1863 battle site and see New Zealand's longest river, the Waikato, 425 km long.
- We will have a stop at ZEALONG TEA ESTATE New Zealand's only tea plantation. 48 hectares of top grade organically grown Oolong Artisan Tea in 5 grades, Green, Pure, Aromatic, Dark, and Black Enjoy a guided tour of the tea plantation and tea tasting with the opportunity to purchase if you want. See the personal touches of the developer of the tea estate - with the bronze sculptures and teapots showing the traditional tea making process.
- Two and a half hours to explore the award winning HAMILTON GARDENS, voted garden of the year 2014, by the International Garden Tourism Network, with over 1 million visitors a year. Hamilton Gardens has been transformed from a rubbish dump into 21 fascinating themed gardens including Te Parapara Maori Garden, Kitchen Garden, Herb Garden, Tudor Garden, Rose Garden, Rhododendron lawn, Camellia Garden, Victorian Flower Garden, Sung Dynasty Chinese scholars Garden, Italian Renaissance, Indian Char Bargh, Japanese Garden of Contemplation, Modernist, and English Flower Garden. When you have explored the gardens relax in the cafe on the banks of the lake for a wide variety of quality food - extra expense.
- Brief visit to LAKE KARAPIRO and the Karapiro Hydro dam on the Waikato River.
- Two hour guided tour of the HOBBITON MOVIE SET, centre of Middle Earth. Learn from your local guide how the set was created and see the Hobbit Holes, Gardens, Bag End (Bilbo and Frodo Baggins home), Party Tree, lake, The Mill, Green Dragon Inn, and much more. (Note: exterior of Hobbit Holes only).
- One cold drink at the GREEN DRAGON INN. Your choice of dark or light beer, apple cider, or non alcoholic Ginger Ale.