For people who want minimum time away from Auckland and great value this tour includes travel to and from Hobbiton and a guided tour of the Hobbiton movie set.
- Travel to and from Hobbiton with panoramic views of the Hauraki Plains, Kaimai Mountains, and rich Waikato dairy farmland
- Visit to the charming rural town of Matamata including the I Site built like a Hobbit gatehouse and a photo opportunity with Gollum statue.
- Guided tour of the Hobbiton Movie Set in its beautiful setting in part of the 500 hectare sheep and cattle farm, centre of Middle Earth. Learn from your local guide how the set was created and see the Hobbit Holes, gardens, Bag End (Bilbo and Frodo Baggins home), Party Tree, Lake, The Mill, Green Dragon Inn, and much more
- One cold drink in the Green Dragon Inn
- Visit Lake Karapiro and see the Karapiro Hydro Dam on the mighty Waikato River, New Zealands longest river at 425 km .
- Drive through New Zealand's only tea plantation (Zealong)
- See Taupiri mountain and cemetary - sacred to the Tainui Maori tribe
- Pass through the coal mining town of Huntly
- Pass the battle site at Rangiriri where a battle was fought between British troops and Maori in 1863..